Tuesday, 7 July 2015

BOOZY BRUNCH AT SCARLET'S, COVENT GARDEN

I could never turn down a good brunch offer, especially one with plenty of booze, so I was delighted to be invited to Scarlet's, one of the latest additions to the buzzing scene in Covent Garden. Ideally located in the middle of Leicester Square and Covent Garden, it has a really chilled and relaxed vibe inside, and a cocktail haven which I'm sure many will be drawn into.

I was greeted by the lovely Kelly and Mya, and welcomed with a sweet, bubbly peach bellini, a perfect start to a beautiful, sunny Sunday. I loved the quirky interior, with the high ceilings, framed artwork and pictures on the walls, neon signs, and multiple bookshelves stacked with books and random items.









We then settled down around the table as a tray of Bloody Mary's was brought to the table - the first of many cocktails to come! 
I tried out The Scarlet - elderflower liqueur shaken with mint and peach bitters, topped with Heidsieck Monopole Champagne. Sweet, crisp, and really refreshing and moreish. And of course I could not resist ordering the Tarte Tatin, a concoction based on the delicious French dessert. Sipsmith vodka mixed with Calvados from Normandy, pressed apple juice and caramel syrup - definitely one for those with a sweet-tooth like me.
The Espresso Martini and Pina Colada also looked pretty good and I was rather tempted to order one for myself, but I held myself back - it was probably too early in the day for me to get tipsy... I had the Henley Regatta to head off to after this.








I went for the Eggs Hemingway, which was one of the popular choices around the table - toasted muffin with smoked salmon, poached eggs and hollandaise sauce. There was definitely a whole lot of smoked salmon staked up on those muffins, which I love. Other tasty looking dishes that were ordered included the Avocado on Toast, Smoked Salmon and Scrambled Eggs, Eggs Florentine, and the Big Breakfast.




And to finish off, the much anticipated tray of alcoholic popsicles, which came in three different flavours - Mojito, Gin & Tonic and Grey Goose & Perrier. I went for the Grey Goose which had a slice of lemon inside. A perfect little treat to cool down on a hot summers day.
(If you fancy one for yourself, they can be found at the venues listed at www.latenightlondon.co.uk)



A word of thanks to the Scarlet's team, and Kelly and Mya for the wonderful boozy brunch. It was lovely to see everyone, both old and new faces - looking forward to the more fun and food-filled times to come. 

The Cheekster, signing out x

Click to add a blog post for Scarlet's Covent Garden on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment