Sunday, 28 June 2015

STRADA MORE RIVERSIDE BLOGGER EVENING

With the vast choice of restaurants in London these days, I tend to veer away from chain restaurants, with the perception that the food they serve is mass-produced, frozen, before being shipped across to the multiple locations.
I have to admit that the last time I visited Strada was during my university days (years ago...not that I feel old or anything!). Strada has clearly come a long way since the early days, with the increasing demand for freshly prepared and wholesome food, and I was quite intrigued and excited to hear about their new summer menu.

Strada More Riverside is located just along the River Thames, with a breathtaking view of Tower Bridge - probably one of the most photographed views in London which I can never quite get bored of even after living in London for the last three years. 
The weather could not have been more perfect that day with beautiful blue skies, and it was finally warm enough to put on a summer dress.
This was my first visit to this branch, which undoubtedly was a popular location with plenty of outdoor seating for guests who like making the most of the warm summer months.






I was greeted with a welcoming glass of chilled prosecco and marveled at the amazing surroundings. Other fellow food bloggers soon arrived and we took our places at the table, hungry and ready for a hearty Italian feast.
We were served some vibrant green nocellara olives, one of my favourite types of olives, followed by some little tasters.  Fragrant and fresh caprese salad of juicy ripe tomaoes, with buffalo mozzarella, basil and extra virgin olive oil; delicious creamy risotto;
luscious burrata with prosciutto served on crunchy toast; a tender piece of steak; and a crisp and golden slice of veal - every one a mouthful of goodness.







It was soon time for our 'Cook-a-long' session, where we were each handed our personalised aprons. I always get excited about personalized goodies, as we all striked a pose with the magnificent view behind us.




The Head Chef came out to give a private demonstration on how to stretch pizza dough, before a couple of bloggers put their pizza skills to the test.
We were later able to sample the freshly baked results.







After all those tasty starters, we were then informed that our 'proper meal' was just about to begin - those little tasters were just something to whet our appetite it seems! 
Wine glasses were filled and our orders soon arrived. For my starter, I went for the Prosciutto Involtini which had Prosciutto di Parma, rocket, mozzarella and sticky balsamic. Simple and satisfying. I love my seafood, so I ordered the Fish Fritti as my main: deep fried squid, salmon and sea bass with tartare sauce and lemon. The seafood was fresh and coated in a light and crispy golden batter.




We were then served some pre-desserts: an indulgent slice of baked cheesecake, and some biscotti which we were advised to dip into the Vin Santo, a style of Italian dessert wine.
For my dessert, I ordered the tiramisu, because you can't go wrong with a classic Italian dessert .








An enjoyable food-filled evening, and one that I would recommend visiting if you are looking for good value Italian food with a view.
A word of thanks to @stradatweets and @PRandEI for a successful evening - looking forward to more exciting events in the future!

The Cheekster, signing out x



No comments:

Post a Comment