Monday, 13 April 2015

CINDERELLA AFTERNOON TEA, JUMEIRAH CARLTON TOWER

After watching Cinderella at the cinema the previous week, I was still very much in fairytale princess mode, so I was pretty excited when I saw that the Chinoiserie at Jumeirah Carlton Tower was doing a Cinderella themed afternoon tea, specially created by Executive Head Pastry Chef Stephan Will. 
There was some soothing music being played by the resident harpist - I do love places that have live classical music.







Our afternoon tea was served as depicted on their website - it looked so pretty that we spent the first few minutes snapping away with our cameras.
The top tier had the savoury sandwiches - I liked the roast Scottish beef, watercress and creamed horseradish sandwich, but was not quite a fan of the quail egg tart which was a bit dry. 



The second tier had a pretty array of sweet desserts shaped into various miniature objects related to Cinderella - marshmallow carriages, yuzu tart clocks, white chocolate shoes, and white chocolate brownie and popping candy wands.



And the final tier was some buttery plain and fruit scones, served with jam and clotted cream on the side.



The afternoon tea was nicely presented, although the sweetness was maybe a bit too much for me towards the end. I have to admit that I am not that big a fan of white chocolate, but if you are then you would probably enjoy this.
Service was overall very pleasant and efficient, and we had a lovely relaxing afternoon. 


Anyone else know of any other quirky themed afternoon teas worth trying?
Drop me a line and I shall slowly be nibbling my way through the list!

The Cheekster, signing out x


No comments:

Post a Comment