Friday, 13 March 2015

THE ULTIMATE QUEENSBURY KITCHEN EXPERIENCE

Located in North West London, The Queensbury Kitchen which opened in December 2014, is a bar and grill pioneering better quality eating and drinking in Willesden Green. 
Sister restaurant to The Queensbury gastropub, they aim to bring something different to the local restaurant scene.

Photo courtesy of Queensbury Kitchen

Photo courtesy of Queensbury Kitchen



I started off with a Mango Chilli Caipiroska, which really did have a good spicy kick to it - definitely on to wake up the taste buds! There were also some nice chunks of mango that I spooned out after finishing my drink, obviously. I had the Evergreen as my second cocktail, made with avocado. I really love avocado juices, which I had quite a bit of whilst I was in Bali, so I knew that I was going to enjoy an avocado-based cocktail.
I did have some sips of the other cocktails, all of which were really good as well.

Mango Chilli Caipiroska

The QK

Pinot Noir Caipirinha

Evergreen


Not long after, our food was served. I made sure that I had 'prepared' myself for the the evening, and I'm glad that I did, as the food just kept on coming... 

The dishes came served on wooden boards and boxes, a concept which does sometimes spark some debate for those who prefer conventional plates. I personally am usually partial towards this for sharing dishes, and as long as there's no sauce spilling off the edges... 

The salad was quite tasty with a nice mix of ingredients, and I am a particular fan of mushrooms. The chicken wings were nicely marinated with a crisp coating. My favourite dish was the sliders which were delicious with juicy medium rare meat. The chickpea and feta vegetarian option was also quite nice.
Another personal favourite was the rack of ribs - tender meat with a nice hint of sweetness in the marinade. We were also served some sharing pots of side dishes. The  hand cut and sweet potato fries could have been crispier, but I did enjoy the macaroni cheese and smokey beans.

Warm Sweet Potato, Mushroom, Roasted Garlic Salad

Crispy Chicken Wings with Hot Sauce an Sour Cream

Blackened Salmon

Chickpea and Feta Burger

Sliders

Halloumi


Whole Rack of Ribs

Hand Cut Fries and Onion Rings

Macaroni Cheese

Sweet Potato Fries

And no meal would be complete without an array of indulgent desserts. My favourites were the chocolate brownie, which was really rich, and the chocolate sundae, which had more chunks of chocolatey brownies...
The French toast was quite nice, but it felt more like a breakfast dish rather than a dessert.

Cheesecake

Chocolate Brownie and Ice Cream

Cinnamon Sugar Churros with Chocolate Sauce

French Toast

Ice Cream Sundae

Overall it was a really pleasant and enjoyable experience. And it also happens to be in my local area, which is a plus for me. They are open for breakfast, coffee, lunch, and dinner seven days a week (and brunch at weekends) from 9am until 11pm.

Thank you once again to Head Chef Wayne, Queensbury Kitchen and Red Kite PR for organizing and hosting us that evening. Looking forward to trying out the breakfast menu as well soon.

The Cheekster, signing out x



No comments:

Post a Comment