Thursday, 12 March 2015

TEA-TOX AFTERNOON TEA, PELHAM HOTEL

I do love afternoon teas, and I was quite intrigued to try out Pelham Hotel's 'Tea-tox Afternoon Tea'. This was my second afternoon tea in the week, so this 'healthier' option was definitely a good call to 'balance it out' for the week...
Making the most of my week off, I made the booking on a weekday, which was clearly much quieter compared to the weekend.





 There were three different teas to choose from, and we both ordered the 'Beautiful Skin Tea', described as to 'help promote healthy and clear skin over the whole body'.


Our three-tiered tray of afternoon tea snacks eventually arrived. Just one look and you can tell that it was not as naughty as your regular versions!


We started from the bottom, nibbling on the healthy crudités with roasted carrots hummus, and the poached salmon rye bread sandwich.


Moving up towards the second tier were berries skewers with honey, cucumber and lime sorbet, and the third which was different to the menu was some sort of cream with crunchy granola bits. I'm sure that would have counted as one of my five-a-day...


And last but not least, were the yogurt drizzle lemon and basil cake, and a rich and indulgent mini chocolate pot. A bit naughtier than the other tiers, but then again it's all about the portion sizes...


And of course there were the brown rice and ginger scones with agave syrup, served with clotted cream and Tiptree jam on the side.


Not quite my usual afternoon tea, as I usually go full-out when indulging myself in treats. But I am always open to trying anything new, and this was a pleasant little experience on a beautiful sunny day in London. And I did leave feeling less guilty than I normally would have after afternoon teas!

If anyone else has tried any other interesting/quirky afternoon teas that you would recommend, feel free to drop me a message!

The Cheekster, signing out x

Bistro Fifteen on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment