Friday, 13 February 2015

BRUNCH AT ONE CANADA SQUARE

Anything sweet always catches my eye, and I got a little excited when I saw that One Canada Square was doing a special Ice Cream for Breakfast Day menu.
They were also doing their Bottomless Brunch Menu that day which obviously tempted the both of us to go for the two course option, hence enabling us to save space for dessert later on.



I don't usually drink much during the day, but it was a weekend after all...and I just could not resist having the raspberry bellinis.


For starters, we ordered the smoked salmon and the soft shell crab 'Benedict'. The smoked salmon was a nice, light option, although the blini were quite flat and not quite fluffy enough.
We both really liked the soft shell crab 'Benedict' which was light and crisp, and the egg had a lovely runny centre.

| Oak smoked salmon served with caperberries, horseradish cream and potato blini |


| Soft shell crab 'Benedict', jalapeno hollandaise |




I ordered the steak tartare as my main, the portion slightly smaller than I was expecting, but nicely presented with lovely vibrant colours. I liked the texture of the meat which thankfully was not minced up too much or overly seasoned. 
WK had the Dorset crab linguini which was also quite tasty.

| Steak tartare, hen's yolk, French fries |




| Dorset crab linguini, chilli oil |


The dessert selection from the brunch menu looked pretty decent, but I already had my eye on the Ice Cream for Breakfast Day menu...
We were surprisingly the first table to order from their Ice Cream menu - I would never pass on the chance to have ice cream at any time of the day...

Pan fried peanut butter and jam sandwich served with maple cured bacon ice cream. I loved every single ingredient listed in the description, so I knew that I was definitely going to enjoy this. The bread was nice and crisp, and sandwiched between them were scrumptious layers of peanut butter and jam. And that bacon ice cream was just calling out to me...


The hot ricotta cakes were stacked up with pieces of bacon strips in between, and topped off with creamy blueberry ripple ice cream.


The food overall was tasty and good value for money as well, especially if you opt for the bottomless brunch. Service was also efficient, and they made sure that my bellini was always replenished...
There is also live piano music on Friday nights, and Saturday brunch and evenings, which is always a nice touch.
A place to consider if you're looking for brunch options, and I would recommend making a reservation as they do get booked up, especially on weekends.

The Cheekster, signing out x







Square Meal

 

One Canada Square on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. The photos are amazing !
    I'm actually heading here for brunch in a few weeks :)

    Have a great weekend,
    Hayley x
    http://thelifestylemenu.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete