Sunday, 30 November 2014

#LDNBLOGGERSTEA AT LANCASTER LONDON

First and foremost, I must admit that I have been rather lackadaisical in updating my blog for the month of November... - although I have been away on holiday, so I guess that would make a valid excuse!

As it's the last day of the month, I'm going to squeeze in one last post for November - the latest #LDNBloggersTea that was held at Lancaster London.
I haven't had afternoon tea for ages, and hearing that Chef Ben Purton was now the Executive Chef there, I knew that this was a treat not to be missed. It was about a year ago when I last had afternoon tea at The Royal Horseguards Hotel where Chef Ben was at previously, and it was one of the best afternoon tea experiences that I have had.

With a glass of champagne in hand, we slowly made our way through to the room, walking along the mini Red Carpet specially prepared for us by Chef Ben. And there was a photographer as well, which was a really nice touch - looking forward to seeing the photos!
Located just round the corner from Lancaster Gate Underground Station, our private room had a great view overlooking Hyde Park.
Okay, I was probably too distracted by the food and champagne that I forgot to take a photo of this view, so you will just have to take my word for it...

We each calmly found a seat around the long table, before whipping out our cameras and phones with excitement - the kind of environment where bloggers can feel most at home without getting judged by 'normal people'... 


At the end of the room was a table laid with some snack pairings and MORE Laurent-Perrier champagne... 

I will have a whole bucket of that please... 


Along the end of the room were a couple of tables which were specially prepared for photography purposes. Good lighting and no obstructions - Chef Ben really knows the way to a bloggers' heart! 

I had abstained from having lunch beforehand knowing that I would be having an indulgent afternoon, so I was actually quite hungry - it took some willpower for me not to start nibbling on the cake displays... 



And considering that we are less than a month away from Christmas, there stood a stunning Christmas tree at the corner of the room, with our goody bags underneath it.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas... 

My brain has had this tune on auto-play since the start of October. 

After our photo-taking session and a good half hour of mingling and socializing, we all returned to our seats before both Melanie and Chef Ben gave their short welcoming speeches.

And then it was time for some actual eating...

We started off with some sandwiches:
Lancaster London's smoked salmon, egg and wild cress and cucumber.
These were accompanied by wild mushroom, chicken and tarragon tartlets, and roast beef filled Yorkshire pudding. 


We then moved on to the deliciously warm scones - plain, raisin and Christmas pudding. 
I have never had Christmas pudding scones, but after having this I must say that I was definitely a fan of it! Can we have this at every afternoon tea, please?
These luscious little scones were served with a choice of Lancaster London's marmalade, homemade strawberry jam, and Cornish clotted cream.

And after staring at those colourful cakes for the longest time, it was finally time to devour them...
The sweet bites selection included:

White chocolate and raspberry lollypops
Passion fruit and raspberry macaroon
Caramel and hazelnut tranche
Apple and honey cupcake
Lemon fruit tart

Being a huge fan of macaroons, the passion fruit and raspberry macaroon was undoubtedly my favourite amongst the rest.

There was also a lucky draw in between whereby the grand prize was a gorgeous gift box of Laurent-Perrier Cuvée Rosé.
No, I didn't win it... but congratulations to Sara who did! :)
At least we all had a lovely afternoon of free-flowing bubbles mmm...

And here's one more look at that stunning Christmas tree where we each grabbed our goody bags before heading our separate ways. 

Thank you to the wonderful Melanie for doing such a brilliant job at organizing the event, and to Chef Ben and all the staff for being such hospitable hosts!

And to all the other bloggers that I met, albeit some very briefly (!), it was lovely to meet all of you.
This was my first #LDNBloggersTea, but it most definitely won't be my last.

The Cheekster, signing out x




2 comments:

  1. Hi Felicia! Great post! It was nice to meet you yesterday. Hope to see you at the next one! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete