Sunday, 13 July 2014

ROTORINO, 434 KINGSLAND ROAD

Heading East again, this time in search of Rotorino in Dalston.
There are not many things that will convince me to travel East, but considering that it was the end of a work week for me, I thought, why not?
Hopping off the bus onto unknown territory, I made my way down Kingsland Road. Not somewhere that I would normally feel comfortable venturing round on my own, I inconspicuously tried to locate the building numbers to make sure that I was heading in the right direction...

 


 

| Averna Sour |
 - Averna amaro, curacao, lemon, egg white -


As usual, we ordered a few dishes to share - a couple of smaller dishes from the First and Second sections, and a larger meat dish from the Third.

| Pig's Head Terrine |

Deep fried and topped with mustard fruit. Nice and crisp on the outside, and succulent on the inside.

 

| Grilled Scallops |

Unfortunately they didn't have any octopus that evening, so we settled for the scallops which were served with chilli and bread sauce.


| Pea Gnudi |
- buffalo ricotta, peas, sage, parmesan and butter -

Tender, gnocchi-like pasta dumplings - rich and buttery, yet it had quite a light texture, and great if you love cheese.

 

| Sausage Gnochetti Sardi |
- slow-cooked sausage, red wine, chilli and breadcrumbs -

Me: Oh...that kind of looks like...
Angela: I know what you're thinking...

Okay, so it's not the prettiest looking dish, but it was tasty with a nice spicy kick - not anglicized spicy, but actually proper spicy...

 

| Suckling Pig |

One of the Daily Specials served that evening.


| Apricot and Almond Tart |

I love a good tart, and I liked this, except maybe the bit of apricot which was a bit sharp for my liking.

 

| Chocolate Cake |

Deliciously rich chocolate cake with soured cream on the side and topped with honeycomb and crushed pistachios.


Overall, I was satisfied with the food that we ordered and the atmosphere, however not quite enough for me to repeat that one hour journey.
 However, it is a quaint neighbourhood restaurant with decent prices, and ideal if you live in the area.

Address: 434 Kingsland Road, London E8 4AA
Tel. No.: 020 7249 9081

The Cheekster, signing out x

Square Meal

No comments:

Post a Comment