Sunday, 23 March 2014

THE MUGSHOT CAFE, PENANG

After having a satisfying dim sum brunch with mum and dad, we went to have a coffee at The Mugshot Cafe on Chulia Street.
It is housed in a narrow heritage shop house, formerly a budget hotel.

 

They have a basic menu consisting of a yoghurt with a variety of toppings, drinks, and bagel muffins with different fillings, for which they source their baked goods from the Rainforest bakery next door.


 


 


We sat in the bright courtyard, on chairs that resembled the ones we used to have in our classrooms in primary school. I remember those days when we used to get into class early just so that we could swap our chairs for the sturdier and less rickety ones (!)

Mum and dad had a latte whilst I had a mocha. Somehow I don't think that they have quite mastered coffee art here yet...

 


The sound of their homemade yoghurt with jackfruit and gula melaka intrigued me, so I ordered one to share with mum. Mum wasn't quite a fan of it. I quite liked it - or that may be because I only had half of my sense of taste functioning... 
Something different with a bit of local flavour.
It came served in a cute glass jar - decent portion size and pretty filling, but then again, we did pay RM10 for this...

 

Mum had the bagel with cream cheese and smoked salmon whilst dad had the turkey ham and cranberry sauce filling.
I had a cheeky nibble of their bagels which were pretty good.




 



 


They had some props by the side that I played around with - mum and dad 'directing' me around whilst they helped to take some shots for me!



And here's dad looking happy on his foldable bicycle!



Overall, it had a really cosy and rustic feel to it, with decent food - great if you're looking for somewhere to chill out and have a light snack.

Address: 302 Chulia Street, 10200 Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia
Tel. No.: +604 405 6276
Opening hours: 08:00 - 21:00

The Cheekster, signing out x



No comments:

Post a Comment