Sunday, 16 March 2014

PRE-BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION AT MIAM MIAM, PENANG

As I was due to fly back to London on the 14th of March, the day before my official birthday, I had an early birthday celebration with my family back home in Penang.
We celebrated at Miam Miam at Gurney Paragon, a French-Japanese Cafe & Kitchen - where they had prepared a long table by the sofas for us. 

 




 

We ordered a few different dishes to share amongst us, Asian style - because that's how we roll!


| Japanese Wafu Market Salad |

 

| Bolognese |
- A light and flavourful meat sauce with cheddar cheese and an onsen egg -

 

| "Riz Noir" Squid Ink Rice |
- Black squid ink japanese rice with assorted seafood & scrambled egg -


| Souffle Au Curry |


| Famous French Toast |
- with homemade whipped cream and maple syrup -

 

| Valrhona Chocolate Souffle |


| Matcha Hot Chocolate |

 

| Double Souffle Pancake |

The thickest pancake that I have ever eaten...


 


And my very own customised birthday pancake...


 


 

Dad is not focusing on the camera...

Family photo!

The only time of the year that I get to blow out candles (when I'm not sneakily trying to blow out someone else's birthday candles), teehee.

 

Cake cutting time - I've had 27 years of practice!

Giggly moment

 

 

 

Thank you to all my family for celebrating my special day with me.

And also thank you to all you lovely people who have left sweet birthday messages for me!

The Cheekster, a year older (and wiser), signing off x



No comments:

Post a Comment