Sunday, 23 March 2014

CHINAHOUSE, PENANG

I've been here once last year, and remembered their delicious looking array of cakes that they had, so I was definitely due for a visit back here.
ChinaHouse is a traditional compound of 3 heritage buildings, linked by an open air courtyard and converted into 14 spaces comprising shops, cafes, restaurants, galleries and live music and bakery. 
We entered from the Beach Street entrance, into Kopi C Espresso Cafe & Bar, to get our coffee and cake fix.

 


My favourite part of ChinaHouse is obviously the bakery table, that has 30 different cakes daily (!), all of which are made on the premises.

 


 

I had a hot chocolate (because the Chinese doctor said that I should avoid coffee due to my cough, apparently) whilst mum had her usual latte. We also ordered a tiramisu cake and a carrot cake slice to share - really nice and moist.


 




 


 


 



The Canteen, right at the other end of the building, is a hipster bar with live music on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.

 

There's quite a lot going on here, so it's definitely worth looking around. I've only ever had a quick dinner, and a cake and coffee break here, but am curious to check out what else it has to offer on my next visit.

Address: 153 & 155 Beach Street and 183B Victoria Street, Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia
Tel. No.: +604 263 7299
Opening hours: 09:00-00:00 (Sun - Thurs) ; 09:00-01:00 (Fri - Sat)

The Cheekster, signing out x




1 comment:

  1. I'd be trampled if all sites gave articles like these awesome articles.יבוא מסין ללא נסיעה

    ReplyDelete