Sunday, 9 February 2014

LONDON HOUSE, 7-9 BATTERSEA SQUARE, LONDON SW11 3RA

Part of the Gordon Ramsay Group, this latest opening in Battersea Square serves seasonal modern European Dishes developed by Head Chef Anna Haugh-Kelly.

 



It was a bit too early for us to have cocktails, knowing our low tolerance of alcohol...so we requested for some fruity mocktails instead.
The waiter that served us the mocktails was really friendly and smiley, but he swooshed off a bit too soon before we could actually ask what was in it (!)
Very sweet and refreshing nonetheless.


| Braised pig's head croquette, quail eggs, pickled carrot and caper mayonnaise |

The croquettes were absolutely delicious, moist and full of flavour with a nice crunch.
I used to be quite hesitant in eating pigs head, but after trying the delectable starter from Arbutus, and now this one at London House, I think I've been converted...

 

| Crab tortellini, black radish and shellfish broth |

I haven't eaten much tortellini in the past, but I do love anything with pasta. It also kind of reminded me of wantons...oh me and my love for Asian food...
Tasty filling and a lovely light, warm broth, except we did find the outer skin at the edges a bit hard. Unless that was how it was meant to be served, I'm always open to opinions...


| Cartmel Valley venison haunch, creamed cauliflower and braised Puy lentils | 

This dish was probably the highlight of my meal - cooked to perfection with a lovely pink centre. The sauce was really good, flavoursome without being too heavy and rich.


| Cumbrian beef fillet, spiced parsnip, braised cheek stuffed potato gnocchi |

Another perfectly cooked meat, and the gnocchi stuffed with the braised cheek was absolutely divine. I would be happy enough eating a whole plate of that gnocchi as a main.


| Passion fruit posset with cardamom and ginger oat cakes |

We were a bit hesitant to order this when we read 'oat cakes', but we ordered it anyway, and thankfully we loved it. I don't think I've ever had posset until that day, which is a British hot drink of milk curdled with wine or ale, and often spiced. Apparently used in medieval times as remedies for minor illnesses or a bedtime drink, which has now made a comeback as a modern dessert. Traditional medicine, or sweet pudding, I definitely felt good after eating it!
Sweet, creamy and addictive.


| Chocolate tart, Jerusalem artichoke ice cream and salted caramel |

So rich and sinfully good, lucky there was two of us to share!
I love all chocolatey desserts, and this one ticked all the right boxes. Interesting ice cream flavour as well, coincidentally I had Jeruselam artichoke as a main at Pied Nus just a week ago...







Also spotted Clare Smyth, the Chef Patron at Restaurant Gordon Ramsay being seated at the opposite table, just as we were about to leave.

The location was a bit out of the way for me, but it was definitely worth the 1 hour and 15 minute track.
A warm and welcoming venue serving great quality food, which no doubt will be a popular hit with the locals.


1 comment:

  1. Looks awesome! I can't wait to go there.

    Angie
    www.silverspoonlondon.co.uk

    ReplyDelete