Sunday, 24 November 2013

THE NIBBLE TRAIL #2

Oops, I've missed a post last week due to...unforeseen circumstances.
This can only mean one thing - more eating to catch up on!
I've decided to do it on a Saturday this time, because some of my favourite places are closed on Sundays.

1. Schokokusse - Southbank Centre Christmas Market (15th November - 24th December)

It's that wonderful festive time of the year again! - unless of course you're the Christmas Grinch.
Contemplating on what I should get, I spotted this stall selling chocolate kisses. The last time I had one of these was at the Christmas market on my trip to Bruges, which I loved.

 
 

My little Irish cream chocolate kiss wanted to get a selfie with the London Eye, but the sun was unfortunately shining from the wrong direction...
So we ended up at Trafalgar Square instead.

 

Oh the things I do for you little one.

2. 10 Greek Street - 10 Greek Street, London W1D 4DH

A lone diner at one of my favourite places again, I perched myself at the end of the bar. I was asked if I was waiting for someone else, which I said no - maybe I should have pretended that I was stood up by my date.

I ordered a small portion of seared scallops which was served with cauliflower puree, clementines and pomegranates.
Perfectly seared scallops, and I especially loved the smooth creamy texture of the cauliflower puree.

 

3. Yoobi - 38 Lexington Street, Soho, London W1F 0LL

I usually order the temaki, but this time I went for the maki rolls - ordering a portion of the Unagi eel maki rolls from the Specials board.

4. Muriel's Kitchen - 36-38 Old Compton Street, Soho, London 

By this time, I had met up with Lili for our usual catch up - and what better way to do it than with some lovely sweet treats! Food is after all best shared in the company of good friends.
This new branch in Soho has just recently opened in the last couple of days, and we were lucky enough to be seated at the table with the swings! 

We ordered the apple strudel with ice cream and the coconut and orange loaf cake.

 

And convinced by our very charming and attentive waiter, I ordered an extra portion of the red velvet layered cake with berries - very naughty of me I know.

 

 

Not quite sure what I was looking at...but it must have been good.

If you missed the last #nibbletrail post, click here.

Watch this space, or follow me on Twitter/Instagram for more #nibbletrail adventures.

The Cheekster, signing off x


1 comment:

  1. woww those chocolate! pretty amazed at the presentation.. that would never work in Singapore, they will all just melt like nobody's business. ;)

    ReplyDelete