Friday, 23 August 2013

BONNIE GULL SEAFOOD SHACK

A bit late posting this up, but better late than never - especially since the food was really good!

The brother and I had dinner at Bonnie Gull Seafood Shack - "A seaside restaurant in the city..."
Coming from an island...anything involving seafood is right up my street!
 


 

Dressed Paignton Crab Tian, Slow Roast Tomato, Cucumber, Pickled Apple. 

I do love crab...even more so when I don't have to get down and dirty trying to pry the shells open - I usually left that job to dad.

 


Soused Isle of Man Queenies, Orange, Lime, Spring Onion, Chilli, Coriander.

Initially unfamiliar with the term 'queenies', I later found out were Queen Scallops - a smaller scallop species than the usual King scallops that I'm more used to.
So fresh and juicy - I happily nibbled away and savoured every single bite.

 


Half Native Scottish Lobster, Grillade Butter, Skinny Fries, Mesclun Salad.

Yes, the love for lobster continues...
I did a Google search on 'Native Lobster' and the first result was a profile of 'Winkie' who was saved from the cooking pot and now resides at the Great Yarmouth SEA LIFE.
I guess this lobster wasn't as fortunate as Winkie!

 


Cornish Hake, Summer Vegetables, Courgette Puree, Beer Battered Courgette Flower, Courgette Ribbons.

Delicious white flaky texture with a nice crisp skin - and having the courgette flower on the side was a definite plus for me.

 

 

 

Cherry & Sauternes Soup, Cherries, Fresh Almonds, Cherry Ice Cream.

 

Bakewell Tart, Raspberry Ripple Ice Cream, Raspberries. 

Both desserts equally good - a sweet end to an excellent meal.



A delightful little seafood shack in the bustling city of London - definitely a must for seafood lovers.

Square Meal

1 comment:

  1. damn that looks delicious! :D

    xx

    i am back with a new blog:
    skadiida.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete