Sunday, 7 April 2013

WEEKEND SUMMARY: PATTY & BUN + PRINCI

Spring is finally here! - or at least it seems to feel like it this weekend.
Sunny weather calls for impulsive acts, such as indulging in sinful, greasy burgers at Patty & Bun!

 

We arrived nice and early before the crowd arrived - second in line, we did well.
 As the doors opened at 12noon, the tables were filled within 15 minutes, with maybe a couple of single seats left at the back. 
The tables around us started placing their orders, so we grabbed (or rather politely signaled) one of the waitresses to place ours. 



I ordered the 'ARI GOLD' Cheeseburger whilst Lili ordered the 'Lambshank Redemption' burger.  I loved my juicy burger, nice and pink in the centre, though I did have to use about 3 napkins to clean up the mess that I had made after! Probably not the ideal place to bring a first date...
The lightly glazed brioche bun held the burger together really well and complemented the flavours.
We also shared a side of 'Winger Winger Chicken Dinner' - smoked confit wings with BBQ sauce and spring onions - absolutely.to.die.for.

The ultimate comfort food!

Look at that baby...*drools*

 


 

The total cost us about £12.50 per person which was reasonable. There's a whole lot of competition amongst burger joints around London, but this has got to be the best burger I've had so far! Service was really quick and efficient as well.
I'm pretty sure I could have (lady)handled another...but I needed to save some space for some Chatime!
Our wait at Chatime was even longer than usual - a half hour wait...the things we Asians do for some bubbletea ay?

My shoes were starting to hurt me, but I managed to find some awesome Converse shoes in the sale at House of Fraser. I also convinced and coaxed Lili into getting herself a pair - me and my persuasive skills ha.
 We then headed on to Trafalgar Square to observe the feathery remains from World Pillow Fight Day. 




 


 

In the evening, we had dinner at Princi on Wardour Street - ordered a Coppa and Valerio to share.

 

 


So ends yet another indulgent girls day out - I always enjoy our impromptu/unplanned adventures. 
How many calories you ask? - too many, but who's counting. 
There's always the gym next week!

Have an indulgent weekend everyone x


2 comments:

  1. We'll go to The Works when you get here! It has burgers that might just rival these ones :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!:) I am a blogger from Indonesia..
    i like your blog,because i find much interesting information,and i like your photos on your blog:)
    and i done following your blog:))
    when you have free time maybe you could follow back my blog
    Hopefully we can share though we are different languages...
    Although my blog in indonesia but i do hope you ' re still get the point of the photos in any posting on my blog...
    I have also asked sorry if my english still sound strange, because i still under study
    And last me just say "do not forget follow back to my blog"heheeee:))

    stylewithstory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete