Monday, 22 April 2013

I'M STILL HERE!: A QUICK SUMMARY

Apologies that my space has not been very active...I've had a bit of a change in my weekly routine. So to make things simple let me summarize what I have been upto...

1. I've started dancing (again)!

It's been approximately 8 years since I've done some serious dancing...but I've finally jumped back into it! Dug out my old ballet and jazz shoes and am absolutely loving the classes! I have to admit it was a bit of a shock when I turned up for my first class...
The schedule described the level of the class as 'All/Intermediate', so that gave me the impression that there would be a range of abilities in the class... However judging from the class, besides one or two older women, I'm pretty sure the rest of them have been dancing more regularly and attending classes, and there I was fresh from an 8-year break, pushing my body to do grand jete's and double pirouettes! 
After 3 weeks I do feel that I'm starting to get the hang of it...and I think my brain and body have now agreed to coordinate with each other...
I'm also starting to feel more flexible and energized, which is an amazing feeling! Although I'm still not as supple as some of the other dancers, but hey, I'm 26 and it's only been 3 weeks since I started...

I've also started jazz classes - something that I wanted to try when I was younger. At the first class, I chose to stick to the back row with the hope that people wouldn't notice me when I struggled to pick up the routines... But now at my third class I have finally found the confidence to stand at the front and just dance my heart out.
It's obviously quite a long shot to reach the same level as the other professional/advanced dancers...but I'm still feeling pretty optimistic about the future!

2. Reunion dinner with the girls

It has been MONTHS since the three of us had a proper get-together dinner. So on Saturday night we met up at Salvador & Amanda.
Had some tasty tapas and lots of yummy sangria!


Iberico ham mmm...
 
The place wasn't very busy and we were attended to by some nice waiters. We even got some free drinks ha x

3Weekends with Lili

I've been out on the weekends with Lili as always... On the Sunday, we spent the day out walking and enjoying the lovely weather. For the love of sushi, we had a satisfying economical dinner at the Japan Centre where we boughts stacks of (half-priced) sushi and ate until we were about to explode!


 

We then headed on to Vapiano for some dessert - 'Death by chocolate', creme brulee and panacotta!

 


Me and my blueberry tea

Yes, I survived the chocolate cake...I can take an ANY chocolate dessert you throw at me...I am invincible! Just please don't mess up my white top, there will be consequences...

Well that's pretty much all I have for now, haven't been quite so snap-happy but I'll be sure to post more soon.

I've also booked my next holiday that I am SUPER excited about...but I think I'm going to keep it for next time x

Today's classes have totally wiped me out...will probably get an early night.

Sweet dreams x





1 comment: