Saturday, 9 March 2013

MARCH HOLIDAY: DAY 6+7, PENANG

Came back a bit late yesterday (or rather this morning) so it's a 2-in-1 summary!
Me and dad drove to Balik Pulau yesterday to eat laksa - one of the places he always brought us to when we were wee little children.

 

Assam laksa + white nutmeg with assam juice

I love old traditional kopitiams :)

And then being greedy, we also 'tapau'-ed some mee goreng home hehe.


I then went for my usual Dermalogica facial with mum - the once a year ritual I have everytime I come back! It's usually the same girl that does it for me and for 1.5 hours I can just relax and let her try and fix my poor skin that has often been lacking some TLC. 

Later on, we went to have dinner at China House - a traditional compound of 3 heritage buildings converted into spaces comprising of shops, cafes, restaurants, galleries and multi-purpose performance theatre. 
We ordered a couple of cakes and a mixed grill platter to share. 

Whilst waiting for the food, the kid in me played around with the crayons...


Concentrate...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/602751_10151355733135665_1937576269_n.jpg
Tada!
 

Loved the atmosphere and feel of the place. Though quite disappointed with the quality of the food and value for money... 
Still, nice for a quick cuppa and place to chill. 

At night I had a mini reunion with the girls back from high school - The Wine Shop was unfortunately closed so we settled for a chilled evening/night at the G Hotel lobby.

 The girls were also sweet to get Yen Li and I a belated and early birthday cake.

 

 

 As for today, mum and my god-sis made a reservation for lunch at Kampachi - my favourite place to have Japanese buffet mmm...



 
In between the bouts of rain and sunshine, we managed to snap some photos in the hotel's green grounds...

Mum x
 

 

 

Always searching for wifi!

It's getting late now and I haven't finished packing for my early flight tomorrow!
Hope the wifi at the hotel is good.

Time to run x



 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment