Sunday, 17 March 2013

HELLO AGAIN LONDON, HOW I'VE MISSED YOU

So I arrived back in London yesterday evening, after a 1.15 + 13.25 hour flight from Penang - thankfully I had the comfort of spreading across two seats on the plane!
When we landed, after hours of tossing and turning into various sleeping positions in between the movie and meal intervals, I walked at a super fast speed through immigration and baggage collection - only to find out that the taxi that was supposedly booked for me didn't turn up! Rang up only to realize that they had no record of the booking and had to wait another half an hour for another driver to pick me up - not impressed.

As much as I dislike leaving the sunny weather, it's nice to come back in my cosy little room in London.

Woke up to a rainy Sunday morning...

We walked by the Columbia Road Flower Market, where (for the first time in a very long time!) I was bought some flowers - pretty yellow tulips.


 


Visited the Hackney City Farm for a bit - not the best time as it was pouring down with rain and the animals looked like they could do with a good scrubbing!

 

 

Chicken didn't look too impressed with me invading his privacy :p


Humungous lazy pigs
Was hoping to have seen some bunnies, but they were hiding under all that smelly straw...

A continuation to my birthday celebrations, I was treated to a nice meal at Chez Elles Bistroquet, a quaint French cafe.

 

I ordered a cappuccino and a Brunch for salmon lovers, which was absolutely scrumptious...

 

And for dessert, a vanilla and pistachio crème brûlée...heavenly.


Had a lovely day out despite the miserable weather. 
I love birthday treats, despite my 'official' day being over.
One more day to relax before I head back to work - reality sucks.

Hmm, might have a little sneak peek of Our Queen on ITV before bed...

Hope everyone else had a nice weekend x


No comments:

Post a Comment