Tuesday, 1 January 2013

LAST DAY OF 2012

Okay, this post is a few hours behind schedule, but here's my re-cap of 2012.
Looking back, it's been a pretty good year...

1. I had my first Chinese New Year reunion back home in Malaysia after missing it for the last 5 years.

2. I turned a quarter-of-a-century old - which was when I first started this blogpage!

 

3. I moved to London - my mission of moving down south is finally accomplished! It seems so long ago since I first lived in Sunderland...and haven't been back there since, for obvious reasons.

Hello London!

4. My big brother got married!
So, we've had TWO family reunions this year. 
And we have also welcomed Earn Hui, my sister-in-law into our family.

Happy family


5. I went to my first festival - free weekend camping tickets that I won online!



6. I had the opportunity to watch the Paralympics 2012 - my perseverance on Twitter finally paid off and I managed to grab some last minute tickets.

 7. I've met some awesome new friends along the way...as well as strengthened bonds with old ones.
I'm sure you all know who you are x

8. I started learning a new language (Spanish!) and hopefully my salsa dancing will improve with time!

9. I spent Christmas with a loved one - and discovered my love for mulled cider.

Not to mention it's been a really foodie year for me - looks like a lot of catching up with fitness and exercise in 2013!


And I spent my last day of the year with my special person.

DSC07265
DSC07267

 

Don't forget the to-do list Mr Chan! x

I was initially going to spend my New Year's Eve at home on my own but made an unplanned trip to my Aunty's place to spend it in the warm presence of family. My lovely cousin also helped to sort out my haphazard hair.
Had a lovely home-cooked meal and then 10 of us had a cosy get-together in the sitting room until the countdown at midnight!

Anyway, hope everyone else had a great New Years celebration, wherever you are in the world!

Here's to more joy and blessings in 2013!

Off for a morning walk x




2 comments:

  1. Oh, what a lovely year you had, hope all your best wishes come true again in the year of 2013! <3 Happy New Year!

    xoxo
    Sujie
    Glam Mania

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year!The last seems to be a really good one for you!Jealous that you live in London..I want toooo ;)

    ReplyDelete