Monday, 28 January 2013

DINNER AT SAVOY GRILL

Yes, some of you may think it may be rather excessive dining at The Savoy 2 days in a row...but nonetheless I've very much enjoyed the experience - good food and good company, who could possibly complain? 
It's good for a nice treat every now and then!
Sometimes a bit more often...

Once again welcomed by the same friendly receptionist, we were promptly seated at our table - this time a proper dining table.
Unfortunately my favourite waiter wasn't around as he was offered to go home early... - yes, there is no denying that I am rather smitten by his quirky charm!

This time round we ordered from the a la carte menu.
We ordered a bottle of French red wine to share - and also managed to coax Andrew who doesn't often drink alcohol to join us.

Shellfish bisque

My main: scallops
I also had to order a separate side for my dish (as you can probably tell why from the size of my dish), I picked some peas and carrots - otherwise I would have probably still be pretty hungry knowing my appetite!

Laura + Andrew


Lili + Feli

The waiter then suddenly brought over a little birthday cake to our table. Much to our confusion we were left with the cake anyway (another waiter had recognised me and Lili from the day before) even though none of us were celebrating our birthdays. So we all made a (belated + early) birthday wish and blew out the candle together!



We then headed to the famous American Bar for some drinks - regarded by many as the capital's classiest custodian of the classic cocktail.
Be prepared though to pay at least £15.00(?!) for a drink.
We all ordered different cocktails recommended by the waitress, so we had a nice little selection.






I don't really want to look at my bill this month...thankfully there's only a couple of days left in January.

For those that missed out my previous post, you may click here.

So ends another weekend...and it's Monday again...time to get back to gym this week as I've been slacking for the last week.

The Cheekster is signing off now x 






2 comments:

  1. Nice! Hope you had a great weekend:).

    xx,
    klee

    kisskissbyklee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the savoy - though I've only ever really gone there for afternoon tea.

    ReplyDelete