Sunday, 23 December 2012

KUA 'AINA + CHRISTMAS DINNER AT WENDY'S

So today (okay, well, actually yesterday since it's past midnight now) I met up with Lili for lunch. We tried out Kua 'Aina, a Hawaiian burger and sandwich grill place - yep, a REAL Hawaiian restaurant, brother to the original Kua ‘Aina that has been serving surfers and tourists on Hawaii’s North Shore since 1975. 
 It's apparently the place that President Obama heads to when he’s at home in Hawaii - it MUST be good then!

There was a queue when we arrived but we got seated immediately as there was fortunately a table for two available - score!
We sat downstairs which was packed with people tucking into their food. I loved the chilled-out atmosphere - wooden floorboards, bamboo ceiling, tropical ceiling fans.

I ordered the Pineapple Burger whilst Lili had the Teriyaki sandwich. We also ordered a small portion of sweet potato fries to share and some orange juice. I LOVE sweet potato fries, I'd choose them over the normal potato fries any day. 


DSC07212
Lili with her belated birthday card from me! x
DSC07217
Too bright!
DSC07214
EAT ME!
IMG_4247
You sexy thing x

DSC07215


Both our meals came with a stick of raw carrot - I'm not really a fan of it but I munched on it anyway whilst having my juicy succulent burger. Takes a bit of guilt out of my very high-calorie indulgent meal!

We then headed off to Wendy's for a pre-Christmas dinner. Lovely home-cooked food by Martin and Wendy, especially loved the leg of lamb!

 IMG_4254


Also played 'Cars' Monopoly for kids, and I won twice ha! Despite all the dodgy dealings happening in between!
I think I may be ready for the real thing.  




And to end the night, a group photo!


DSC07220

Okay, my brain is shutting down now.

Good night people x


1 comment:

  1. Looked like a nice get together~ & super yummy! I want that burger >,<

    xoxo
    EV
    eviiarty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete