Sunday, 4 November 2012

WEEKEND SUMMARY PART III: ROYAL CHINA (BAKER STREET)

Okay, so my weekend summary has been split into 3 parts instead of 2 - so each post doesn't get too over-whelmed by photos!

This is a quick review of Royal China (Baker Street) that we visited for Sunday lunch.
It's been a while since I had dim sum, and I was planning to try this place out sometime anyway.

We turned up about 12.30pm and there was quite a long queue ahead of us. They have a ticketing system and it took about 1/2 hour before our number was called.

IMG_3915
The long queue ahead
IMG_3917
Patiently waiting in line


As it was Mike's first time having 'proper' dim sum, I ordered a selection of dishes that I would usually order. Thankfully the menu was in English.


DSC07037
DSC07038
DSC07039
DSC07040
DSC07041

The prices here are bit higher than average, and I wouldn't say that they are any much better compared to other dim sum restaurants that I've been to. I was also a bit disappointed that they didn't serve porridge here - feeling a bit under the weather today and was really craving for some.
I really do miss Taiwu in Manchester - much cheaper and more variety (and I do love those dim sum trollies!)

Anyway, it's time to catch up on Strictly and XFactor again, and enjoy some lovely stir-fry made by my sweet landlady Sarah.

Click on the links below to check out what else I've been upto this weekend:




Hope everyone else had a good weekend x




1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh, I can't remember that last time I had good dim sum T.T I miss it! Esp. on the weekends~ It was so majorly good @_@

    Lovely post, as always~

    xoxo
    EV

    ReplyDelete