Sunday, 4 November 2012

WEEKEND SUMMARY PART I: REGENT STREET MOTOR SHOW + SKYFALL

So Saturday was The Regent Street Motor Show, a unique free-to-view London motor show in one of the Capital's most famous streets. The largest free motor show in the UK displayed over 300 cars spanning 125 years of motoring from the earliest 19th Century veterans to the 21st Century cars of the future.

http://www.regentstreetmotorshow.com

Here are some snapshots...


DSC06981
DSC06984
DSC06983
DSC06985
DSC06986
DSC06987
DSC06991
DSC06993
IMG_3897

DSC06996
DSC06995

The old vintage cars looked really cute, though not something I'd like to ride in especially in this chilly weather!
The modern, more futuristic cars are definitely my kind of thing - I can just imagine myself sitting comfortably in the passenger seat whilst being chauffeured around. I don't personally like driving (nor am I very good at it), hence I have no problem admitting that men are better drivers than women (sorry ladies!)

Later at night we went to watch Skyfall at ODEON Marble Arch - pre-booked some 'VIP' seats online a couple of days before. 


I can't really remember if I watched all the past Bond films (I have a really bad memory for movies), but what I can remember is falling asleep whilst watching the Marc Foster 2008 sequel Quantum Of Solace...either because I was really tired, or it was really boring hmm...

My only rant about this movie was that I did personally find that there was a distinct lack of sex in it, with just a brief sex encounter in the shower.
Other than that, it was thrilling, beautifully filmed, and was definitely a fitting tribute to 007 in his fiftieth cinematic year.
Daniel Craig has done well in embracing and possessing the role, and worthy of the Bond title x

With regard to the cinema itself, if only the VIP seats were more spacious, and I wish they sold yummier popcorn like back in Malaysia - I'm so hard to satisfy.

It's been a pretty good weekend, with the exception of the part closure of the Jubilee line (again!) which was a bit of a pain.
To avoid over-loading this post I've split it into two parts, so don't forget to check out Part II which is the foodie review which I shall be posting in a few moments x




No comments:

Post a Comment