Monday, 5 November 2012

OXFORD STREET CHRISTMAS LIGHTS 2012

Having read about it on the internet, I thought I'd go for a little sneak peak and join in the excitement on Oxford Street, the event sponsored by that famously divisive yeasty spread, Marmite.
The star-studded show kicked-off at 5pm, hosted by House of Fraser and presented by Heart 106.2′s Jamie Theakston and Emma Bunton.

I think I picked the wrong location and then at the last minute did a detour round the buildings to try and get a better view of the stage. Walking in 3-inch wedge trainers definitely slowed down my usually-super-fast-paced walking (!)
I did eventually squeeze into a spot, but my view was still blocked by some flippin' trees...oh well.

There was an entertaining line-up of live performances by the cast of festive theatre production, Scrooge, Leona Lewis, Lawson and pop royalty Robbie Williams who turned on the lights at the end.

Here's some photos of the pretty lights... 

DSC07053
Flippin' trees...
DSC07065
DSC07066
DSC07070
DSC07074
DSC07072
DSC07075

And a short video taken with my shaky hands on my Iphone... 

And so the festive season begins! 

Christmas has always been my favourite time of the year!
I better get started on my Christmas list soon...49 days left! 

I'm not quite a fan of fireworks, but for those out there in the cold...have fun celebrating Bonfire Night.

And don't forget to check out my earlier foodie post HERE

Good night x

4 comments:

  1. Some great photos!! Jealous I wasn't there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Christmas too! Time to whip out 'The Grinch' and 'A Christmas Story' ^.^

    xoxo
    EV
    eviiarty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! So festive already! Can't wait til this christmas :)

    Sytlejourneys

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas is coming!
    Lovely pictures!
    kisses)

    ReplyDelete