Monday, 10 September 2012

WEEKEND SUMMARY IN PICTURES

Okay, this is so far the longest that I have been MIA in the blogging world. A lot has happened over the past week that I've been wanting to post but haven't had the chance to do so until now. So here's just some bullet points to sum it up...

1. London 2012 Paralympics - Athletics

Yes, after multiple tries and failures in the past I FINALLY managed to bag some tickets for Athletics at the Olympic Stadium that I have been dying to get into!
There were some great events going on that night as well (6th September 2012), as we watched Weir and Peacock win some awesome gold medals, as well as catching the famous Oscar Pistorius in action.


DSC06527 

DSC06530
We're here!




DSC06531
The Orbit

IMG_3522
In the Olympic Stadium - amazing view and atmosphere!
IMG_3526

 2. The man turns a year older!

After an amazing night watching the Paralympics, I had a little birthday surprise back home for Mike...


IMG_3551

3. New Converse shoes

I've been dressing more casual-sporty these days and wearing trainers more often than before because I do a lot of walking and they are just SO comfy.
 I got these babies the other day from Sole Trader.


DSC06567
DSC06574

4. Birthday dinner treat at Gaucho Piccadilly & Paralympics Closing Ceremony

 Mike loves a good steak so we had a lovely meal at Gaucho - the finest Argentinian steak!
I had one of the fillet options (Medallion) whilst he opted for the rib-eye (Bife de Ancho), accompanied by a bottle of Malbec. 
We shared some sides - crushed mayan gold potatoes, grilled asparagus and humita.
The waiter who served us, (I think he was called Greg?) was very attentive and our food was served promptly and efficiently.


DSC06595
All prettied up and smelling gorgeous x
DSC06596
The man loves his wine
DSC06605

We then headed off to Trafalgar Square to watch the Paralympics Closing Ceremony live on the big screen!
I love Coldplay x

 DSC06628 

  5. Olympic and Paralympic Athlete's Parade

We stood for 3 hours at Trafalgar Square waiting for the procession that went through central London - the end to a great summer 2012 in London.

Olympic and Paralympic Athletes' Parade map
IMG_3581
The crowd slowly building up
DSC_0322
Spotted: Mo Farah!
DSC_0324
Spotted: Jessica Ennis!
DSC_0333
Spotted: Chris Hoy and Victoria Pendleton!
DSC_0335
Spotted: Tom Daley!
So glad I have Mondays off and joined the thousands of spectators that lined the streets of London to catch all the action! - snapping away at all 21 floats carrying more than 700 athletes that passed by.

And I also satisfied my craving for fried chicken at KFC after abstaining from it for months, or even a year or two! It's been a while I can't really remember...

Phew, I should really keep up with my posts more often, cramming all into one is harder work than normal!

Hope everyone had a good weekend, back to work tomorrow x

 

2 comments:

  1. You look great! And so lovely birthday surprise you made for your boyfriend.

    Kisses:*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! The Orbit looks super scary and you birthday surprise is so sweet and cute. :3

    Wish&Wear

    ReplyDelete