Monday, 6 August 2012

BARED TO YOU - WHAT FIFTY SHADES COULD HAVE BEEN

As you may have seen in my previous posts about my Fifty Shades experience, I have now discovered a refreshing new read.
The other day, whilst browsing the book aisle at work I spotted this - Bared To You, a New York Times Bestseller.



And it had a sticker on the front - 'If you liked Fifty Shades of Grey then you'll love this'. 
Well I can't say that I 'loved' Fifty Shades, it was rather interesting in the beginning, but then my interest started to wane towards the end.

So, lets now put Fifty Shades behind us.
Apparently, the literary world is now to be taken over by a series of books written by Sylvia Day. I've just finished reading the first book of the Crossfire series, and am now quite a bit impatient having to wait for the second book Deeper In You which is meant to come out in October 2012!

From my point of view, after reading this first book I would say that it is MILES better than Fifty Shades, and probably what Fifty Shades could have been.
The storyline is quite similar to Fifty shades, the main characters Gideon and Eva, both from rather dysfunctional family backgrounds, come together in this erotic romantic novel.
Gideon Cross, the very attractive multimillionaire businessman who appears as a tortured, dominating, sexually charged, passionate lover becomes attracted to Eva Tramell, a headstrong 24 year old girl trying to make it on her own in the world.

I'm still not quite a fan of the name 'Gideon'...but I guess it'll start to grow on me at some point (?)

Despite their rocky relationship, their fiery chemistry perseveres as you would expect in a romantic novel.
Guilty indulgence of a sexually graphic fictional literary masterpiece, who could resist?

Here's some juicy quotes from the novel, just to get you hooked...


"He was the kind of guy that made a woman want to rip his shirt open and watch the buttons scatter along with her inhibitions."

“It's probably best for me to work off some energy before I get you naked. I'm sure you'd like to be able to walk tomorrow.”

"I'll make you say it again...you'll scream it by the time I'm done with you."


A couple more months to go to the sequel.

Until then I'll be on the prowl for more delicious reads x

 



21 comments:

  1. HI pretty lady! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! You have a lovely blog and I am now following you back :)
    xoxo
    Obviously Obsessed 

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book looks interesting. great post!!

    http://linastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. hii!! thanks for visiting my blog. following you now! if you could follow me on google friend connect, i would greatly appreciate it. i think you'll like some of my other looks too :)

    www.dailydisguise.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog. Follow u ;)
    Like your previous posts))

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice blog :)
    btw can we follow each other? http://ciachiaa.blogspot.com/
    i promise i'll follow you back
    glad for visit here

    ReplyDelete
  6. gotta read 50 shades of gray!i heard such mixed reviews!
    xoxo

    ps.let usw know if you would like to follow each other



    http://style-squared.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice review! come and check out my blog. maybe we can follow each other http://marschristie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! love your blog, following now x

      Delete
  8. Nice post ;)

    I follow you, can you follow me back? http://fashion-by-anita.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the cover, so sexy :D
    Mind to follow each other? Let me know. :)

    Lucca Yoga

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing blog! Really love it!))
    Following you now)) Maybe we can follow each other, dear?

    http://myfiercefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice shoes honey, i really love heels!
    have a nice weekend

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, it's been a long time since I read novels, I wish I had time for it now ): You deliver some 'hot' quotes huh, is the book has a sense of sexuality? The hottest books I've ever read are The Virgin Suicides of Jeffrey Eugenides' & Eleven Minutes by Paulo Coelho.

    ReplyDelete