Sunday, 1 July 2012

LUNCH AT NIZUNI, DSLR TUTORIALS & MORE SHOPPING!

This is just a post from Saturday summarizing my day out with my friend Nelson who was down from France for the weekend!

I had one of those awful work shifts again with minimal sleep, but that didn't stop me from making the most of my sunny Saturday! Waiting for work to finish was like waiting for the school bell to ring as I stared at the clock anxiously awaiting the start of my weekend.
Today I wore my shorts and denim top that I bought in the Zara sales - I love pairing up whites and blues.

The foodie in me as usual has been researching new places to try out - this time the hunt was for Japanese cuisine. I read some reviews about Nizuni restaurant and we eventually found the place with the help of Googlemaps - yes technology never fails...unless you suddenly lose signal...or your battery dies...just dwelling on the possibilities!

Whilst waiting for our food Nelson started giving me personal tutorials on the basics of my Nikon DSLR that I had brought out for the day - my new baby's first day out in the open public after being neglected in my camera bag!



Appetizer - mixed tempura

Salmon teriyaki bento & chicken teriyaki bento set

I had a craving for a bento set and ordered the salmon teriyaki set. For the appetizer we shared some mixed tempura. The food overall was tasty, the place wasn't very busy so service was quite prompt. Only thing I wasn't too pleased with was the 12% (!) service charge - cheeky buggers! The total bill came to just below 50 pounds. Don't think I'll be heading back here anytime soon...

Nelson was looking for some Wimbledon souvenirs so we headed over to Southfields - unfortunately we needed needed some special tickets to get in because some Championships or games were going on, and the queue was just too long to hang around and waste our time over. 



We then joined in the sales fanatics along Oxford Street for the rest of the afternoon before dinner at Leong's Legend in Chinatown.

The Rule of Thirds - hehe


Dinner @ Leong's Legend - How ASIAN am I!

And nothing beats a yummy dessert - I revisited Amorino in Soho for my 'flower' ice-cream!

Ice-cream obsessed!



As the sun set Nelson showed me how to take some night scene photos - I just preferred to pose ha!



And that's half of my weekend gone! Hope everyone else had good weather where they are!



1 comment: