Sunday, 1 July 2012

DAY OUT: OLD SPITALFIELDS MARKET & SUNDAY UPMARKET, BRICK LANE

Today I am dressed head to toe (or rather 'ankle'?) in my new Zara gear - once again rocking my denim shirt, 2 days in a  row. Got my New Look boots on because BBC weather said it would rain! Best to be prepared.

On the tube I sat next to a rather cute guy - I'm not quite sure what I found more attractive, the geeky glasses and the stubble...or the fact that he was wearing green trousers with a navy blue jumper pulled over a purple polo T-shirt...
I tried hard not to stare...shame I didn't take a photo to post lol.
Spent the day out at Old Spitalfields Market and Sunday Upmarket, Brick Lane - where all the trendy people hang out ha! Took a while to get my bearings right as I'd been there only once before in the past. 
For lunch, I went for the salad bowl with falafel, whilst Nelson chose some Lithuanian dish.





Me on my phone as usual!

Came across this Malaysian Pancake stall, looked like Penang 'ban zhang kuih'...then again they had a rather 'intriguing' list of fillings - not quite the typical traditional one you get back home.

Apam Balik Pulut Hitam

Mmm...

Pina colada

Cupcakes mmm...

Fruit smoothies

Pretty telephone booth - Nelson found it too feminine for him!

Then went round trying to look for 'artistic' places to snap some photos!



Testing out the 'walking' pose


'Walking' pose mastered!

Trying to keep a straight face...

Think emo thoughts...

Fail...!

Ok...I obviously find it hard to keep a serious straight face!

I blame the pig.

Many thanks to my friend Nelson Kan for being my photographer for the day! Please do come to London again soon!


15 comments:

  1. I lived in Penang for a few years! Looks yum, send me some ;) And how cute are you and those wall murals, love it.


    SIDEWALKCATWALKS.com
    Win $100 for ZARA 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cool, i was born there and i love going back home for holidays :)
      thanks for your lovely comment xxx

      Delete
  2. I like your blog Im following you now!
    If you like my blog, follow me please!
    хохо

    www.shoesandbasics.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks lovely :) im following u now as well x

      Delete
  3. I'm loving your blog so far! Look forward to more posts from you! Just started following you. Hope you can follow back :)

    Get Glam
    Get Glam
    Get Glam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much!
      checking out your blog and following xxx

      Delete
  4. Haha,I love how you described the guy from the tube ;) those cupcakes look so delicious.Let´s follow each other and keep in touch??xx Melodylouise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes definitely :) checking out your blog and following now x

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much,following back on gfc and Bloglovin' now :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos! The telephone booth is amazing xx

    {Satin&Souffles}

    ReplyDelete
  7. The wall art looks so incredibly AMAZING!! :D And the food looks delicious! (:

    xoxo,
    Cindy C.
    http://styleologie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great outfit and lovely photos:)

    Kisses:*

    http://joannas-secret.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your pants & the soothies looks yummy ♥
    I follow you back :)

    Xx
    http://wwwricestyle.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete