Thursday, 21 June 2012

GIRLY DAY OUT: LUNCH, TATE MODERN & COVENT GARDEN

Finished work early again today, I could get used to these short shifts...

Outfit of the day...

As I've mentioned before, I do LOVE my stripes x
Met up with Catherine whom I haven't seen for ages since our flute group in Leeds!
We had lunch at some Mediterranean  restaurant near London Bridge. 

Starter - chickpea soup I think??

Some rice with chicken casserole

Complimentary after-dinner nibbles

Then we headed to Tate Modern to have a little browse...

How is this a SNAIL...???
The Snail - by Henri Matisse

Any old books that need recycling anyone?

A rather freaky contraption to be hanging in the living room don't you think?



I do that everyday! Yes I do find myself quite a work of art...ha!

Related to caption above x

Didn't have much time left before they closed, the Damien Hirst exhibition is on til 9 September 2012 if anyone is interested.

Walked past a part of town we've never been and wandered off to Covent Garden - there were some rather cute telephone booths on display.


As you can see I like to make the most of my free time - time after work is NOT meant for sleepy time!

London, I just love you even more with each passing day...x


5 comments:

  1. This food looks so tasty :)

    http://anna-and-klaudia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blog :)
    Follow each other?

    http://lajune16.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) checking out your blog and following on gfc now x

      Delete
  3. hello, nice blog! we just started a blog, would you want to go and give me your own opinion .. If you like you can become our follower :)
    http://for-midable.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stripy shirt! Sounds like some of my favorite London days... I loved going to the Tate Modern, and to Covent Garden for macaroons :)

    ReplyDelete