Thursday, 14 June 2012

FLUTE: O MIO BABBINO CARO (GIANNI SCHICCHI)

This is one of my favourite arias - O Mio Babbino Caro from the opera Gianni Schicchi.
It is a romantic aria - sung by Lauretta, a sort of plea to her father after tensions form between him and the family of the boy she loves. Don't we all LOVE such romantic love stories...x
I wonder if I'll ever have to sing this to my dad...
Oh the drama...

I can't even remember how many attempts I did just to record this short clip! I started off trying to play with some orchestra backing music on Youtube in the key of A flat major...my timing didn't really work out as it was a bit hard to keep to the tempo. So I decided to just play solo in F major! Less grief ha!

The lighting isn't very good as I am recording from my tiny bedroom after coming back from work.

Hope you all like it x







No comments:

Post a Comment