Monday, 7 May 2012

A NIGHT AT THE THEATRE: CHICAGO


'Murder, Greed, Corruption, Exploitation, Adultery, Treachery...all those things we hold near and dear to our hearts'...so begins CHICAGO, one of the most phenomenal musicals of our times.

We (me, Sarah, Chloe & Adrian) managed to get some last minute tickets for Chicago after tickets for Wicked had sold out. It is the longest running Broadway musical to play in London's West End.
Below is the list of the amazing London cast:


It's been a while since I watched the movie version starring the dashing Richard Gere...

Isn't he dreamy?!...


 David Bedella who played Billy Flynn had most of it going for him...my main disappointment would probably be that I sort of visualized Billy to be much taller. David was a bit on the small side for me which I believe Sarah agreed with :p
 Rachel who played Velma, height-wise seemed to tower over the rest of the cast but nonetheless gave a really strong performance. Roxy was tiny but fiesty and full of energy! Matron 'Mama' Morton was as I imagined and perfectly portrayed the character.
 I loved all the songs particularly 'All That Jazz' and 'Cell Block Tango', and all dancers were amazing as expected. Not forgetting to mention how I LOVED ogling at the (topless) buff male dancers with perfect packs! The female cast were all fit as well which I'm sure Adrian would have agreed ;)

It was a great mix of comedy and entertainment, definitely worth the money. LOTS of talent AND eye-candy - skimpy outfits and hip gyrating who would possibly complain!
Looking forward to many more nights at the theatre x

 


1 comment:

  1. I love this movie!
    Especially the song in the end!

    Take care :)

    ReplyDelete