Thursday, 5 April 2012

GOODBYE DEWSBURY

It was my last day working in Dewsbury today. To be honest, I felt a bit emotional from the start of the week as my final day at work drew nearer. As I walked down the same familiar path to work I thought back about my first time walking down that road in the wee hours of the morning. 





These pictures taken today don't actually look too bad - you should have seen what it was like in winter! It's never fun walking in the dark.

It has been almost 8 months since I first started, and now I am ready to move forward in my career. How time flies.

As I walked into the pharmacy I was greeted by a lovely surprise leaving present from my work colleagues. I say surprised, but me and Richard really know what happened the day before *teehee* this will be our little secret.



This was my first real job since I qualified and the last few months have been a valuable experience. I have had my share of ups and downs, and each experience has helped to mould me to become a stronger person each day. My pharmacy team have been very supportive throughout my journey and I will definitely miss them very much. 

Me & Saira - didn't get to work long with her since she came back, but I'm sure we would have made a great team :)

Lovely Bernadatte, who's always been so caring and motherly :)

Team leader Tracy who started off in the department as clueless and naive as me, but we've always tried to make the best of everything

Me & Richard my morning shift buddy - I'm going to miss all our morning teatimes

The Rizla! - dispenser and technician-to-be. Keep those A's coming!

Esoop, our regular locum :)

I also got a leaving gift from my store manager. Despite a rather unfair and unsatisfactory end year review in my opinion, I am now determined to move on and start off fresh in my new job. I am however still grateful for whatever help and guidance he has given me and will take in the positives to help me continue to grow as a person.


It was a bit of a struggle carrying all my gifts home on the train! Thankfully dear Armando was kind enough to wait for me to finish work and help me out.

And last but not least, I couldn't miss out Armando who has been my faithful walking buddy to the train station!
 I'm feeling a mixture of joy and sadness at the moment - contented that I have managed to make a difference in my department despite my short time there, and now leaving to start a new job, and at the same time sad because I have grown attached to my work colleagues that I will sadly be leaving behind. 

Thus ends another chapter in my life, and as much as I'd hate to leave the good (and bad) memories behind, I must move on and follow where my heart takes me.
Thank you team Dewsbury, I miss you all so much already.

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment