Sunday, 1 April 2012

THE DRESS

I've been clearing out my wardrobe and been busy vacuum-packing most of my clothes...and I stumbled upon my ball dress that I wore in March 2010! This is the first time it has seen the light of day since then...so I thought I'd do a little post as a memoir before I keep her away again.

I spent weeks transforming this dress to its final design. Here's a glimpse of her transformation:

A plain neglected dress I adopted from T.k.maxx clearance rack

Transformation: Phase 1

Transformation: Phase 2

Transformation Complete: Back

Transformation Complete: Front

It took me a while to source the items, but I got everything I needed in the end. Added a bit of netting on the underskirt, and viola!

I made her feel beautiful, and she made me feel the same at the ball. 


Pharmacy Ball 2010 @ Hilton Hotel, Newcastle Gateshead

This was my first attempt and I was really pleased with the end result. The numerous needle pricks and squinty eye moments were definitely worth it!

I feel a tad bit sad to zip her back into her protective cover, not sure when or if I'll ever wear her again. One thing I know is that she's definitely a keeper ;)

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment